GPS TRACKERS FOR THE ELDERLY
GPS trackers for the elderly are the latest development in independent living and assistive technology for elderly Britons. Our GPS trackers for the elderly mobile alarms for the elderly provide protection for the wearer wherever they are, whether they are at home or out and about. Our GPS trackers for the elderly make every day activities safer and more enjoyable, such as going for walks, going to the shops or spending some time in the garden.
Our trackers are fitted with easy-to-use modern GPS tracking technology, which means the wearer can be located quickly, wherever they are in the unfortunate event of an accident or emergency. This means fatal or serious injury risk is minimised. You are just as safe taking a walk, going to the shops or gardening as you are inside your own home. Easy to use modern GPS tracking technology also means that the wearer can be located quickly in the event of an emergency, when they are away from the home.
Traditional personal alarms for elderly people have been available since the 1980’s and the technology has not changed much since then. Operating on a system that has a base unit attached to a telephone landline, the user wears a remote pendant alarm button that they can trigger in the event of an emergency.
TOP SELLING & TOP RATED PRODUCTS
In-Home Personal Alarms vs GPS Trackers for the Elderly
– The wearer is only protected at home, and only when their pendant is in range with the base unit, whereas our GPS trackers for the elderly, allows protection wherever the wearer may be.
– Parts of the wearers home (e.g. if they live in a large home or have traditional thick walls) may be out of range and they are therefore unprotected. Our GPS trackers for the elderly rely on advanced GPS technology, where wall thickness causing a loss of signal, if not an issue.
– The wearers garden may be out of range and therefore unprotected. However, when wearing a GPS tracker, you can locate them when they need help, no matter where they are.
– Standard personal alarms for elderly people do not allow two-way communication through the pendant so if you are not close to the base unit you will not be able to speak to the respondent and know help is on the way
What Is The Best GPS Tracker For The Elderly?
Get the best in safety and security. The SureSafeGO ‘Anywhere’ Alarm, is one of the leading GPS trackers for the elderly that offers protection:
– at home
– in the garden
– away from the home
– has two-way communication when a call is answered
What’s more, SureSafeGO has built in fall detection. This means that if a wearer should fall and be unable to press the alarm button e.g. following a stroke or loss of consciousness, the alarm senses this and activates the system automatically.
Most GPS trackers on the market that use mobile phone technology are different to the SureSafeGO. Other GPS trackers for the elderly can require the wearer to be able to access their mobile phone, which could be in a bag or pocket, in order to activate it. The chances are that if the wearer is in distress e.g. having a heart attack, stroke or similar, that they will not be in a position to fumble around to first find, and then activate the alarm.
The SureSafeGO ‘Anywhere’ Alarm is a water resistant pendant that is always in reach should an emergency occur. A pendant that allows a simple touch of the button to raise the alarm and get the help that is needed. Read more about the SureSafeGO ‘Anywhere’ Alarm here.